Summit has a long list of protocols. Please be familiar with them if your team is playing at their facility.
- Masks are REQUIRED upon entry into the gym. Players must be masked when not warming up or playing; this includes player introductions, time outs as well as during the game when not on the court.
- No handshaking or high-fiving before, during or after matches
- Players must be social distancing unless they are physically warming up on the court
- Players need to bring their own water bottle
- ALL volleyball spectators (vaccinated or not) must wear a mask inside the gym
- Must conduct COVID-19 symptom check before arrival
- Must always practice social distancing (3 ft between all individual spectators)
- Family members should sit together and remain at least 3 ft. away from the nearest spectator
- Away spectators must sit on away (north) side
- All Summit spectators must sit on the home (south) side
- A public restroom will be available in the hallway
- All AWAY spectators must have a ticket for entry into the gym
- Masks are REQUIRED for all coaches
- Coaches must always monitor and manage their players
- Coaches must conduct symptom checks of athletes and coaches before arriving for games
- Coaches are always expected to be masked and socially distanced
- Coaches will clean benches with disinfectant after each game. Gloves, disinfectant spray, and paper towels for cleaning will be provided as well as hand sanitizer
GAME PROCEDURE NOTES
- Move pre-match conference to center of court with 1 coach on each side of the net
- Suspend the use of the coin toss to determine serve/receive. The visiting team will serve first in set 1 and alternate the first serve for the remainder of the non-deciding set.
- Suspend roster submission at the pre-match conference. Rosters are submitted directly to the officials table before the 10-minute mark
- Suspend the protocol of teams switching benches.
- Substitutions should occur with social distancing recommendations